Quarrington TF 05 44
Lincolnshire Just W of A15 1 mile S of Sleaford
In use

Contacts: Home web site

Rev'd. Peter Mander, Quarrington Rectory, 5 Spire View, Quarrington, Sleaford, Lincs. NG34 7RN

Christopher or Jane Mickelthwaite - cjmickelthwaite@hotmail.com 

Click to view larger - St B Quarrington 2002.jpg

The structure of St Botolphs Quarrington dates back to the very early 13th century. The nave pillars and arcade date from about 1325 and are Early English in style. Around 1300 the west Tower was added in Perpendicular style as well as the rest of the nave and the Chancel, the priest's door of which may have been the present south entrance. The font dates from the latter part of the 14th century in Perpendicular style. The present east end of the church was constructed in 1862 - a quinquangular (five-pointed) shaped Apse. Four pinnacles were added to the tower in 1887. The clock was added in 1929 with eight bells that were installed with the two older ones. Stained glass windows span 1876 to 1995. There is a detailed description of the church structure in small booklet of 2001 by the above contact, which only lacks illustrations.
Picture Peter Clarke April 2002 Copyright Peter Buttle

Updated 11 April 2002

Return to index