Newbold on Avon SP 48 77
Warwickshire On the B4112 at the north west end of Newbold on Avon near Rugby
In use - Church of England

Contact: Reverend Paul Wilkinson

The Vicarage Main Street Newbold-on-Avon CV21 1HH

Tel: 01788 543055

Email Paul Wilkinson

Website: www.stbotolphstjohn.org.uk

Click the picture for a larger view

Set on the main road through the village this church is right beside the old route of the Oxford canal.  Though re-routed in the 19th century you can still see the original course to the west of the church.  The church itself is pleasant and is distinguished by containing the only ring of 10 bells in the Rugby Deanery. The bells date from 1792 to 1992.

The church dates from the 15th century but is built on the site of an earlier church. There is an exposed portion of early 14th century tiled floor. The church consists of chancel, nave, north and south aisles, north and south porches and a west tower. The building is constructed mainly of red sandstone with some limestone rubble.
Copyright Peter Buttle

Updated 13 April 2002

Return to index